Toolkit for Elder Justice Advocacy Work
Our priority goal is to have you meet with your Senators and Member of the House of Representatives this session to request that they cosponsor the Elder Justice Act, S. 795 in the Senate and H.R. 2006 in the House.
- First, find out if your Senators or Representative are already co-sponsors of the EJA. If they are, write a “thank you” letter and send via fax or e-mail.
- If you are unable to meet with the Senators and Representative, please meet with their staff.
- If you are unable to meet with either the Senators and Representative, or their staff, please consider writing letters or calling their offices requesting that they cosponsor the EJA and asking for a written response.
The Elder Justice Coalition has put together a set of materials in support of your efforts in advocacy for the Elder Justice Act.
Materials to be used in setting up your meeting and focusing your message during the meeting:
- Tips on Communicating with Congress; and
- Talking Points (MS Word Format) to be used when advocating your positions with Congress;
- Letter requesting co-sponsorship
- Grassroots visit feedback form
Materials that should be left behind for staff and Members to have: